- Client: Southern Health and Social Care Trust
- Consulting Engineer: Greg Seeley Consulting Ltd
- Main Contractor: Larsen Contracts Ltd
- Application: Repair mortars, coatings -Weber.cem; Corrosion inhibitor, joint bandage system-Sika; Floor and wall coatings, fleece system-Remmers
- Market: Medical, Public Sector
Estate Management personnel assessed the condition of existing reinforced concrete bunds and identified repairs were needed to the oil bund. Following review by consulting engineers and completion of a competitive tendering process, Larsen Contracts Ltd were awarded the contract to apply protective coatings and linings so as to achieve a structurally sound and watertight oil bund structure for a life span of five years. Concrete structures were prepared externally by power washing and internally by grit blasting. The Combiflex joint and bandage sealing system was utilized to seal wall joints and existing settlement/movement cracks. Weber high build polymer repair mortars were used to repair any damaged concrete together with the application of a corrosion inhibitor, Sika Ferrogard 903. Fairing coat was then applied to the walls followed by Remmers chemical resistant coating to the internal and external walls. Existing floors were cleaned and repaired using a bituminous compound. Floors were primed and coated with Remmers materials together with a polyester, thermo fixed fleece for the reinforcement of liquid coatings. Works were completed within programme and the bunds were reintroduced into service.