- Client: Public Prosecution Services, Northern Ireland Office
- Main Contractor: Heron Bros Ltd
- Specialist Contractor: Larsen Contracts Ltd
- Scope of Work: Application of Sto Therm Insulated External Render System - 1750m2
- Market: Public sector Public Sector
The client appointed Heron Bros Ltd as main contractor to deliver the new 24,000 sq ft administrative office building. Larsen Contracts were in turn selected as the specialist contractor to carry out the insulated render system.
Initially, 120mm thick EPS boards were applied to the blockwork substrate with adhesive. Mechanical fixings were adopted for application to the structural steelwork. A 3mm thick glass-fibre reinforced acrylic layer was then applied to the insulation boards prior to application of the 1.5mm thick weather resistant acrylic stippled finish coat. Sto proprietary seal tape was incorporated within the system to provide a complete weather-tight seal to the building envelope.