- Client: Belfast City Council
- Specialist Contractor: Larsen Contracts Ltd
- Application: Screeding, Movement Joints, Installation Drainage, Plinths, Tiling
- Product: Larcem25 Polymer Screed
- Market: Leisure/ Public Sector
The Swimming Pool hall In Avoniel Leisure Centre operated by Belfast City Council required refurbishment. Larsen Contracts were appointed following tender to undertake:
- demolishment of existing screeds, concrete plinths and drainage from pool hall and changing rooms/showers
- Install new stainless steel drainage
- build new block work plinths for lockers
- Install c 570m2 of new screeds to complicated falls using Larsen’s Larcem 25 polymer screed
- Re-tile same floor area
- install movement’s joints
The programme also included extras of wall tiling and plastering.
The works was completed over an 8 week programme and were completed on time and to a high standard approved by the Client. Larsen Contracts have subsequently been successful in tender for similar works at Shankhill Leisure Centre for Belfast City Council.