EXTERNAL WALL INSULATION & STRUCTURAL CLADDING
Thermal efficiencies in building refurbishment are now supported through recent government initiatives including CERT and CESP. External Wall Insulation and Structural Insulated Cladding systems are designed to massively improve the thermal performance and Co2 emissions of buildings.
External wall insulation systems are now recognised as a cost effective energy efficiency solution by Local Authorities and Housing Associations,due to the unsurpassable energy saving benefits that they can deliver while allowing Residents to remain in homes during Installation .
Larsen Contracts work on variety of refurbishment projects from high rise and low rise social housing, to schools, colleges and commercial buildings. With its range of complementary services in Concrete Repair, Balcony and lift pit waterproofing, Larsen Contracts can provide a practical One Stop solution for External Wall Insulation and Structural Insulated Cladding either as a main or sub-contractor.
Larsen is an approved installer for the unique Structherm Structural Insulated Cladding system. This is a cost effective method of extending the life of a defective building. It provides a rigid, structurally continuous envelope around the building with a render finish and is a real alternative to demolition.
External Wall Insulation (EWI) is the ideal way to insulate a property constructed with a Solid Wall i.e. no cavity or non-traditional properties where cavity wall insulation is not advised. It comes with a variety of CFC and HCFC free insulants, providing a high degree of thermal efficiency, vapour permeability and impact resistance. Ideal for building refurbishment.
EWI System Options
There are various External Wall Insulation options depending on substrate and application from thin coat acrylic systems, high build systems, brick and stone effect systems, textured coat and dash aggregate systems. Each option may also be further varied with a choice of 5 insulants – expanded polystyrene (standard and thermally enhanced versions), extruded polystyrene, PIR and mineral fibre.
- New build framed or solid wall structures.
- Refurbishment of local authority & private dwellings – high rise or low rise.
- Traditional or period buildings retaining the original style and appearance.
- Schools, colleges and universities.
- Commercial & office premises.
Features & Benefits:
- Significantly improved thermal performance
- Reduced fuel consumption and therefore less CO2 emissions
- Impact resistance of 6N/m
- Fire resistance – classified Class O as defined in Building Regulations
- Improved acoustic performance – transmission of external airbourne noise through the external wall is much reduced
- No risk of condensation as dew point occurs on the outside of the system
- Due to external application, residents are able to stay in their homes with minimal disruption to their lives.
The EWI systems we use carry a 20 year warranty. They are BBA approved with a minimum 30 year design life, and are fully patented.
Every project has an individual quality assurance procedure, supported by:
- BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Product guarantee insurance